2016 was a very successful year for our practice and we are looking forward to continuing to provide cost-effective, comprehensive, and compliant related services in the least restrictive environments during 2017. A few highlights of our plans for 2017 are as follows:
- Continue to develop our database to provide better tools to our therapists and office staff to maintain compliance and provide in depth analysis of our services to ultimately improve the services we provide to our clients.
- Lifespan has expanded its Spanish Language translation services to meet the growing needs of our patients and their families in Cayuga and Tompkins Counties
- Lifespan has applied to the New York State Preschool/School Supportive Health Services Program to become a Medicaid Service Bureau. This will allow Lifespan to bill the NYS Medicaid system directly for the related services provided by our practice to the school districts we service. More information regarding this added benefit will be forthcoming in future newsletter.
- Lifespan is looking forward to collaborating with the Blue Sky Center for Learning in Danby, NY to provide training in Applied Behavior Analysis to our staff on March 17, 2017.
- Lifespan will be collaborating with the Cayuga County Rural Health Network to host a fact finding luncheon at our office that is open to the public to better assess the health care needs of residents in Southern Cayuga County.
- Lifespan will continue to provide community education resources at our office in King Ferry to screen student athletes for ACL injuries and provide risk assessments individuals for balance and falls.
Thank you for all of your support in 2016. We are confident that we can continue to improve on our services and meet the growing needs of our population throughout their lifespan.