To assist parents and caregivers of children with disabilities.
- Identifying Sensory Challenges: Recognizing Sensory Processing Disorder
- What You Need to Know About Concussions
- Key points on “Behaviors that make us crazy”
- Vestibular Cheat Sheet– is your child craving vestibular input or avoiding it?
- Is It Inclusion? Is your child in an inclusion class? What is an inclusion class?
- Occupational Therapy in the Educational Setting
- Am I a Personal Space Invader Do you or your child get too close to others? Look for these clues to see if you are getting in other’s personal space.
Additional Parent Resources
- The Mid-State Early Childhood Direction Center (ECDC) provides information, referral and support to families and professionals working with children, both typically developing and those with special education needs, ages birth through five.
- The Early Intervention Program is a family centered program for infants and young children ages birth to three, with developmental delays or who have a diagnosed condition with a high probability of developmental delay. The program emphasizes the earliest possible identification of infants and toddlers with disabilities.
- Family Resource Network Tompkins County was founded by parents to enhance the lives of individuals with special needs and their families, empowering them to lead productive independent lives within the community.
- Families Together in the Southern Tier Program supports families with cross systems needs in Chenango, Delaware, Otsego and Broome counties.
- David’s Refuge: A non-profit bed-and-breakfast retreat in Manlius, NY for parents or caregivers of children with special needs or life-threatening illnesses.
- NYS Early Intervention Program
- Southern Tier Early Intervention
- Tompkins County Health Department Children with Special Care Needs (CSCN)
- Special Education News
- Special Needs Network
- Special Education Guide: a resource for parents and educators of children with disabilities for mastering the terminology, procedures and best practices in special education.